Dr. Olivia Cheng provides consultation and treatment for patients with musculoskeletal and sports related issues. Dr. Cheng completed her medical and orthopaedic surgery training at the University of Toronto and subsequently became a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada in 2009. She later completed her fellowship training in trauma and upper limb reconstruction at St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto. Olivia moved to Collingwood with her husband, Dr. Todd Starr, in 2010, and has established a successful orthopaedic practice.
With a referral from your family physician, you can be assessed by Dr. Cheng and access:
- Orthopaedic testing and referral for imaging i.e. X-Ray, CT scan, diagnostic ultrasound, MRI
- Cortisone injections
- PRP (platelet-rich plasma) injections
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA) injections i.e. Monovisc, Durolane
- Joint replacement surgery i.e. hip, knee, shoulder
- Joint/ligament reconstruction surgery i.e. ACL, rotator cuff reconstruction
- Referral to an extensive team of highly-trained allied health professionals i.e. physiotherapy, massage therapy, chiropractors, osteopaths, acupuncturists
Treatment at the Orthopaedic Sport Institute is completed by healthcare professionals that regularly collaborate with Dr. Cheng. In short, your surgeon and your rehab team work under the same roof – this provides the ultimate in focused, efficient care of your injuries.
For more information on Dr. Cheng please visit http://droliviacheng.com/about-dr-cheng/